June 17, 2012
Well, the last week is upon us. How did we get here? Where did the year go? Even though the winter was incredibly long and difficult, the entire year seems to have flown by. I have grown to love and hate China. Currently, it is more hate than love, but I think it is more of I need a holiday from China. I think I could come back, but it’s not currently in the plan.
I had a pretty good weekend. We had my going away party on Friday night. Pretty much all of the teachers came, and most of my Chinese friends came as well. Dinner was a bit of a gong show as we were at three tables and we decided that we would pay by table but the girls were doing something else… the food never went to right table… one table thought I had ordered for everyone, but I had only ordered for my table. We left the restaurant just after 8 and went to bumper cars. I drove for Sunshine and I and she kept screaming that I was going to kill them. I kept yelling excitedly. Lorenzo drove for Grace and she was doing the same thing. Klaas was just by himself enjoying it. We still had timed to kill before KTV, so we went to Gloria’s to listen to Dave and Steve. A lot of the Shane English teachers were there too, so we all chatted for a bit. We headed off to KTV when Dave finished singing. We had Dave, Chance, Farhart, Lorenzo, Klaas, Grace, Elaine and Alex from England (who is visiting Steve) and I at the karaoke. Klaas, Lorenzo and I went hard on it and apparently Grace didn’t like our singing – but we were having a lot of fun. Elaine and Grace were trying to sing their best and the rest of us were having fun. It didn’t go well together. We finished at about 2:30 am. The University closes early so the girls had to come back to the school with us. I threw the couch pillows on the floor and we got a couple hours of sleep. Unfortunately, I needed to use the bathroom at 7:30, and everyone got up. Elaine had an exam in the afternoon so she went home. Grace and I headed into town to go to Salt Merchant Street to buy some more gifts for my stuff. Grace went back to the University and I came home and had a nap. The teachers had an end of year BBQ on Saturday night. Alex made ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken, all of them were awesome. Niha made coleslaw and there was so much food. Kalyn and Patrick made a lot of Jell-O shots which were a big hit. It was funny for me to watch Chinese people do their first Jell-O shots. I played with Eugene for a lot of the party – he is such a cute boy (He is Gyu and Halim’s 4 year old son). He cracks me up.
Today I tried to sleep in, but it didn’t really work. I talked to Mom, which was nice. Then I started packing. I am pretty sure it will all fit in. Erin has a vacuum so I can squish down some of my stuff – like my awesome big puppy, Bruno. I am still going to have three bags though. I still have a week here so it is just stuff that I haven’t touched in a while, along with a lot of gifts already packed. I still don’t know how we got to this point!
I feel like my blogs are boring… so maybe it’s a good thing I am leaving! I am nervous about going home though – I am worried about old ruts and routines, I am worried I won’t find a job that I like. I am worried that I have put so much effort into myself this year that I will fall apart when life isn’t good there. I am still trying not to think about it, but when I am honest I am worried.
Anyways Canada, see you in 8 days!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment