Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Final Answer on my Ankle!

The X-Rays showed a 5mm something in the centre of my ankle. So, we ordered a CT Scan. This showed a something on my ankle, but nothing to talk about. It could be a tiny fracture. It could be that I chipped a tiny part of bone. It could be that the bones ground together and shaved a little off. Today is 3 months. If it’s still hurting at 4.5 months, I need to go back, and probably get physio. The muscles are going to take just as long, maybe a little longer because they are muscles and used all the time. My instructions: keep wearing orthotics from years ago, make sure I don’t fall on the ice because my ankle is already too weak, and buy proper shoes that support the ankle when the snow is gone (winter boots aren’t really made for warmth and ice and support!). Oh, and hope to God that the ankle is healed and I don’t need the physio I cannot afford! So, I guess this all means, keep walking on it, keep snowboarding on it, and lose all excuses for the no exercise I have been using for the last 6 weeks! I know I will be walking a bit in Vancouver, but I won’t really have a lot of time for anything else. But, once I am back here, it’s time to get rid of this damn rice belly I have been holding onto for a year! And, of course, to strengthen this ankle some more!


PS, for the next month, this blog will be dedicated to anything related to CELTA, the teaching English as a Second Language program that I am taking in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment