Saturday, July 23, 2011

Halloween

July 22, 2011

Today was brutal. We had a field trip. The sun was shining for the first time in days so it was crazy hot. We didn’t bring any extra water with us and I didn’t think to bring more than one bottle because every other trip we have gone on there has been water in the bus. I knew within half an hour of getting to the place that I was in trouble for today. I was already dizzy. Paul went and bought us all water because we were all complaining. The kids also only had the only bottle with them. Our morning was spent with making tofu something or others and then we made dumplings. It was so hot in the room with 30 burners on! Jack fed me a dumpling that wasn’t cooked and Yuki fed me one which was much better. I was hoping that lunch wouldn’t be slop but it still was. It made me sad. I was feeling so gross I didn’t even want to eat but I knew I needed the food. I kept trying to sleep any chance I got, but my kids wouldn’t have anything of it. One of them almost got decked because she kept yelling in my ear when I was sleeping just to wake me up. After lunch we had outside time where the kids were supposed to be on obstacle courses. I went to sleep again until they were too hot to continue. At this point, someone decided to bring us all water (thank god for small miracles) but the kids were still so hot and tired. Eventually we had art time, and it was a little cooler. I thought we were off at 3, but we didn’t get home until 4:15. At 4:40, we were supposed to meet Rainy and Paul, but Rainy decided to be early. We had enough time to jump into a cold shower quickly and get re-dressed. Today was the day we went to the police station to get our picture taken again. It was easy and quick but still a pain in the ass. Paul, Danielle, Kalyn and I hit up McDonalds for dinner. The girls went shopping and Paul and I grabbed a coffee and came back to the room. My head is still pounding and I feel like crap. Awesome.

Yesterday was kind of fun. We had Halloween. In the morning we learned about Halloween and then made our masks. The afternoon was a normal afternoon with nothing really to report. Halloween was actually pretty fun, but boring at the same time. I was dressed as a witch statue and moved to scare the kids. I enjoyed yelling and making them scream. Apparently we had a kid pee their pants which means we did our job well. It’s pretty funny in a sadistic way. The haunted house had a noise room where we screamed and rattled doors, a room where people hung out windows and scared the kids, and a haunted house area where we grabbed their legs, had the statue and a mummy. At one point, we scared a teacher and he fell on his bum and took out six girls behind him. I decided to chase the kids out of the room, and it was the best on ever! Perfect! Apparently on the real Halloween we do it all in the dark and we just scare the shit out of them all!

Anyways, my head hurts too much to think if I have anything interesting to tell you. I love you!