I have fallen head over high heels for a black man. His perfect little curls on his head, his perfect milk chocolate brown eyes, and dark chocolate skin. His every wish is my command, his smile melts my heart, and his sadness breaks it apart. He is approximately 3 feet tall, and about 5 years of age, and he is the terror we call Desmond. I knew it was coming, but wow, when it hit me last night, I almost bawled my eyes out. He was sick, just a cold, but he was struggling to breath while laying down, because he was choking on the mucus in his chest, (we all know I have been there, often) and all I wanted to do was cuddle him, and take him home to the volunteer house with me.
Pastor and I went to a hospital in Kannishie today, and he has been admitted overnight. They originally ran some blood tests, and he was refusing to be admitted, but finally agreed to be admitted, but only for tonight. Upon his being admitted, they immediately stuck him on an IV and started numerous injections into it. They took his blood sugar, and him having not eaten much in days, let alone anything today registered at a 13. I believe a normal blood sugar range is 5-9. Funny how I never thought of it being a blood sugar problem when I was worrying about my own, having skipped both breakfast and lunch at the clinic..... and I knew mine was crashing, I could feel the headache and nausea building. But Pastor's is sky high. My father is diabetic and his is only that high when he accidentally takes too much insulin. I left him at the hospital, with money for food and his bed already paid for and headed back home. I will go back tomorrow after breakfast to see if he can escape prison yet or not. He seemed to be a little better once on the IV -- he started talking to me again.
I have no further news on Agogo, Pastor has been in no state to talk to anyone in 2 weeks. He has just slept the whole time. However, Agogo seems to be doing well, there has been a couple of his anti-social, possibly seizure sessions in the last few days, but he definitely has more energy these days. He has really taken to one of the new volunteers.
While I was away, Barbara was treated for Malaria, and I had Big Mary treated just before I left. There is a nasty cold going around the orphanage, but I think it is just a cold. So far I see Desmond and Kwashie as the worst of it. Kwashie's ear seems to be getting more infected, I am keeping an eye on it, and he will be going to the clinic soon. Other than that.... life seems good in the hood!
I think that is life here. I think that is all I know. You can skip the lecture on my sugars, I have already given it to myself, in fact, all day.
LOVE YA!
No lecture, I only want to know if you are listening to yourself! XO ~e
ReplyDelete